The Department of Master of Business Administration (MBA) was started in the year 2008 with the primary objective of providing world class education in the field of management. The current intake is 120 students per year.
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) at MITE is a 4 semester regular program spread over two academic years. The course structure is designed to impart knowledge of the core management concepts and techniques in the first year which are, thereafter, upgraded to advanced knowledge and practising skills in the areas of specialization opted for by the students in the final year.
The Department currently offers dual specialization in the following areas
The Department of MBA is an endeavour that has arisen out of the heartfelt need to groom future managers. The MBA program is affiliated to VTU and approved by AICTE, New Delhi. The curriculum is a product of a philosophy that seeks to amalgamate the best of both theory and practice.
The pedagogy of MBA at MITE is a blend of simulation exercise such as case discussions, live projects and presentation along with the conventional classroom teaching. The evaluation of performance comes by means of class participation, case discussion, report preparation, viva-voce along with other parameters.
At MITE, the student community in MBA is drawn from diverse discipline like, Humanities, Commerce, Science and Engineering with the view to provide richness of perspective and opinion. The students undertake variety of projects which include field survey to enrich their experience and refine their skills in management. The Department has credit in conducting numerous invited guest lectures on contemporary issues, delivered by eminent scholars, academician and corporate personalities.
The department is endeavouring to carve a niche for itself amongst the Business-Schools in the state in providing the best training to the prospective managers. The Department has been consistently delivering the best results and been amongst the Top three in the Mysore Zone for MBA Results. Also adding feather to its cap, Ms. Deeksha of 2012 batch secured I Rank in VTU Examination 2012.
To develop transformational global leaders through perfection and innovative learning
- Developing a set of highly qualified goal oriented human resource
- Follow highest standards of excellence in imparting management education
- To contribute positively to the society by creating efficient globally responsible citizens
- To provide conducive environment for research
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OUTCOMES
- To provide conceptual basis of various functional levels of organization
- To understand fundamental premises underlying business driven strategies
- To equip students with necessary knowledge and managerial skills to occupy positions of management and administration in business, industry and government
- To equip the future managers with decision making skills in order to enable them to address multifarious problems of dynamic global environment.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO’S)
- The graduates acquire the necessary knowledge aspects of management including Marketing, Finance, Human resources etc
- The graduates acquire the necessary skils and competancies required for a successful manager in handling all aspects of Business
- The graduates acquire necessary experience in organizing and managing events through activity based learning
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (PO’S)
- Apply knowledge of management theories and practices to solve business problems
- Foster analytical and critical thinking abilities for data based decision making
- Ability to develop value based leadership ability
- Ability to understand, analyze and communicate global, economic, legal and ethical aspects of business
- Ability to lead themselves and others in the achievement of organizational goals, contributing effectively to a team environment